Free Online Training and Education
Are you interested learning another language, how about taking college-level courses for professional development, preparatory training, or as refresher training? Have you planned of enrolling in Fundamentals of Auditing, Corporate Finance, Accounting, Statistics and Data Analysis, Statistical Reasoning, Environmental Biology, and many more? How about taking all these classes for FREE? And not to mention that these classes are being taught by instructors from leading universities such as MIT, Harvard, Cornell, Penn State, UC-Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Tufts, Oxford, and many more. Sounds too good to be true? Check out the links below:
Third Party “No Cost” Education
"Material linked herein is made available for educational purposes and discussion, it does not constitute endorsement or necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Navy or the Department of Defense."
INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT PLANS
OCHR Fact Sheet IDPs
1. What is an IDP?
It’s a written plan/schedule for:
Developing specific competencies
- Planning developmental experiences
- Info about the specific competencies to be developed
- The method of development to be used [e.g. training (attend a course/seminar, e-learning, on-the-job, etc.), work assignments, volunteer work, etc.]
- Timeframes for completion of developmental activity
- Long- and short-range plans/career goals
2. what is an IDP for?
An IDP can help you:
- Stay focus on goals and celebrate success
- Maintain self-awareness
- Facilitate communication (w/supervisor)
3. How do you create/maintain an IDP?
- Determine your career goals or the next 1-2 yrs as well as 3-5 yrs
- Conduct a self-analysis of competency gaps and access your needs
- Prepare your IDP and discuss it with your supervisor
- Take action and monitor your progress
- Regularly review your IDP and revise as necessary
4. You should remember…:
- IDP is not a binding contract.
- IDP is created based on a joint effort between employee and supervisor.
- IDP should be aligned with organizational objectives.
- IDP should be realistic.
DON IDP Form:
Community Management Plans
The Development Program pages for the Department of the Navy have recently been moved to a new Portal please follow the directions here to access the site : https://www.portal.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/Access%20New%20Private%20Portal.pdf
Once you have access to the portal please click on this link to view the course information: https://portal.secnav.navy.mil/orgs/MRA/DONHR/Training/Pages/Developmental-Programs.aspx
At the link above you can find out all the information needed to apply to the below developmental programs: