U.S. Fleet Activities Sasebo can be reached from either Nagasaki Airport (NGS) or Fukuoka Airport (FUK).
Travel time is approximately 70 minutes from Nagasaki Airport and 1 hour 45 minutes from Fukuoka Airport. Due to limited international connections, most arrivals fly into Fukuoka.
Fukuoka Airport Transportation Options:
1) Sasebo-Fukuoka Airport Shuttle Bus (Blue Bus): Navy Public Works Department Transportation Services provides twice daily service between the base and Fukuoka Airport 7 days a week, including holidays.
***NOTE***: THE BLUE BUS CANNOT TAKE PETS. For personnel on PCS orders traveling with pets. You or your sponsor can contact Family Military Assistance Team for travel arrangements, CFAS_FMAT@fe.navy.mil (+81 956 503627). You will be issued a form for the pet transportation bus where you and your pet will ride together to Sasebo.
2) Fukuoka Airport Commercial Bus:
- Take the free airport shuttle bus to the international terminal
- Commercial bus departs from the international terminal hourly with additional runs available in the evening
- Purchase tickets at the bus counter located in the international terminal.
- Cost is approximately 2260 Yen, however a discount fare is available if purchasing 4 tickets
- An ATM is also available in the international terminal
- Please contact your sponsor for update information or visit the following site:
- For more information and bus schedule please read the Fukuoka Airport Shuttle Bus Guide.
3) Train Schedules:
- Commercial train service is also available but costs more, takes longer, and has fewer scheduled runs than the bus
- Train schedules can be found at http://www.hyperdia.com/en/. Input the following information:
- From: Fukuoka Airport
- To: Sasebo
4) Fukuoka Driving Directions:
Take Nishi-Kyushu Expressway to the Sasebo Exit. Follow Route 35 to downtown Sasebo. Turn left on International Drive. Stay on International Drive to the main gate.
Nagasaki Airport Transportation Options:
The base does not operate a shuttle bus to/from Nagasaki Airport. However, a commercial bus service provides periodic runs to/from Nagasaki Airport and Sasebo Station. Additional details can be found at: