Security Department Mission Statement:
1. To protect life and property.
2. To enforce laws and regulations
3. To preserve good order and discipline of USFJ personnel under the Status of Forces Agreement assigned to
U.S. Fleet Activities Sasebo, tenant, and mobile commands: Scope of Responsibility: SOFA personnel and property on the Island of Kyushu over which is designated as Local Area Coordinator.
Goals: To provide for safe and secure operations onboard Commander Fleet Activities Sasebo (CFAS) and satellite locations through utilization of force protection, physical security and law enforcement consisting of:
1. Access Control
2. Patrol Operations/Traffic Citation
3. Harbor Security Operations
4. Command Investigations Division
6. Military Working Dogs
7. Vehicle Registration / Pass / DBIDS / Bicycle Registration
8. Lost and Found
10. Japanese Crimes Liaison/Background Checks/Traffic Accident Claims
13. Physical Security
If you have any non-emergency Security related questions you can reach us at DSN 252-2372 or Commercial 0956-50-2372. Please report all emergencies to 911 (on base DSN) or 0956-50-0911 (off base landline/cell). CFAS Security is located at building 320 adjacent to CFAS Main Gate and our customer service window is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays.
An important reminder to all service members: You must inform your family members regarding security rules and regulations. Service members will be held responsible for any violations committed by their dependents. Click the "Policies" link to the left for CFAS and CNFJ policies and instructions.