An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


Filing a Claim for Personal Property

How to File a Claim for Personal Property Loss due to Fire, Flood, Theft, Vandalism and Other Personal Property Losses   Click here to read details. (PDF)

* Filing a Claim with the Navy for Personal Property Damage Caused by Typhoon Trami

Note: All DON and USMC PCA claims are now adjudicated by PCU Norfolk

1.   If you suffered loss or damaged to your personal property due to the Typhoon, you can file a claim if:

          A.  You are an active duty member, a reservist on active duty, or a civilian

employee of the Department of Defense and, you are not considered a local inhabitant of the area.

          B.  The property was located in your assigned or authorized quarters or, located on base when it was damaged.

2.  Claims packets for filing your claim with the Navy can be found on-line at  In the headnote banner, click on “File a Claim” under the heading “For More Information” and select “packets and forms” on the right side of the screen.  You may also obtain packages from the Office of the OJAG Personnel Claims Unit Norfolk (PCUN).    PCUN information:

          -  The phone number is toll free (888) 897-8217, commercial (757) 440-6315

          -  The fax numbers are (757) 440-6316 and 444-3337

-  The email address is          

3.  If you have private insurance covering your loss, you must make a demand against your private insurance carrier and include a copy of the insurance settlement and submit it with your claim package.  If the damages total an amount less than your deductible, you simply need to attach a current copy of your declaration page showing the deductible.  You can request an emergency advance in the amount of your insurance policy deductible.  You must provide a copy of the claim you filed with your private insurance carrier.

Questions?  Claims Help Line:  (888)897-8217

            The help line is manned from 0700 – 1800, Eastern Time.


Google Translation Disclaimer

  • Google Translate, a third party service provided by Google, performs all translations directly and dynamically.
  • Commander, Navy Region Japan, has no control over the features, functions, or performance of the Google Translate service.
  • The automated translations should not be considered exact and should be used only as an approximation of the original English language content.
  • This service is meant solely for the assistance of limited English-speaking users of the website.
  • Commander, Navy Region Japan, does not warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information translated.
  • Some items cannot be translated, including but not limited to image buttons, drop down menus, graphics, photos, or portable document formats (pdfs).
  • Commander, Navy Region Japan, does not directly endorse Google Translate or imply that it is the only language translation solution available to users.
  • All site visitors may choose to use similar tools for their translation needs. Any individuals or parties that use Commander, Navy Region Japan, content in translated form, whether by Google Translate or by any other translation services, do so at their own risk.
  • IE users: Please note that Google Translate may not render correctly when using Internet Explorer. Users are advised to use MS Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox browser to take full advantage of the Google Translate feature.
  • The official text of content on this site is the English version found on this website. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in translated text, refer to the English version on this website, it is the official version.

Commander, Navy Region Japan Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Japan   |   PSC 473 Box 12   |   FPO AP, 96349-0001
Official U.S. Navy Website