The Ikego area was a former ammunition depot in Zushi City. In 1937, the Japanese Imperial Navy used the land as a storehouse for ammunition. The area covers approximately 710 acres, including about 620 acres of Zushi City, which accounts for 14.5% of the city’s area.
Ikego first opened in April, 1996. 210 of Ikego’s 710 acres are used for U.S. Navy housing. Ikego has a total of 853 housing units, with approximately 2,500 family members living on base.
It is located approximately twelve kilometers from Yokosuka Naval Base. Driving to Ikego will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes without heavy traffic. Traffic is heaviest in the
mornings and afternoons, between 7:00-8:00 a.m. and 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Ikego Command Liaison Office
We invite you to stop by and visit the Ikego Command Liaison Office. We have a wealth of on/off base information. We are here to support you.
Stay informed! Ikego Command Liaison Office Sailors work hard to share information through Facebook, weekly e-mail newsletter, monthly Ikego Community Leadership meetings,
quarterly focus group meetings, and housing bulletin boards. We encourage all residents to follow these publications so that you are kept up-to-date on the latest events.
Be sure to sign up to receive our weekly E-newsletter by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Subscribe.” For more information about upcoming events,
please call the Ikego Command Liaison Office at 246-8042/8068 or visit our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/ikegodetachment.
The Ikego Command Liaison Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Our resident Japanese-relations specialist and Sailors can provide help to residents
who may have questions about the local area.
All active duty, SOFA sponsored personnel, and DoD Teachers are authorized one mail receptacle at either Yokosuka or Ikego Post Office. To verify eligibility, bring a copy of your orders, military family housing letter, and dependent entry approval. For more information, contact the Ikego Post Office at 246-8058.
If you purchase an item from the Main NEX store, Fleet Depot, or Autoport, you can have it sent over to Ikego. All you have to do is ask for a Memo Transfer. It is the customer’s responsibility to pick it up from the Ikego NEX Mini-mart the same day as space is limited.
To make commuting easier, we offer Home-to-Work bus service that runs morning and evening. HTW Schedules and Routes
Ikego book delivery service. Residents are able to hold up to 10 items from the Yokosuka library’s online catalog and pick up at Ikego MWR Office within 72 hours of the request.
In addition to the great scenery and atmosphere, Ikego offers a variety of services and facilities including:
- Housing Office
- NEX Mini Mart / Gas Station
- ATM Machines
- All Hands Club Takemiya (dining and bar)
- MWR Office (ITT, adult/child classes)
- Fitness center / Group Exercise room
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court / Skate park / Indoor Basketball court
- Child Development Center
- School Age Care Facility
- Teen Center
- Elementary School (Grades PreK-5)
- Post Office
- Direct access to public transportation (Keikyu Jinmuji train station)
- Satellite Fleet and Family Support Center
- Dog Park
- Quarterly Farmers Market
Joint Use Area
Located adjacent to Ikego Housing, the Joint Use Area is a sports park and nature park. The sports park includes a 400 meter track, baseball fields, and tennis courts. For same day use, check availability with Zushi City Sports Office (located near baseball fields). For future joint use reservations, call the Ikego Command Liaison Office for assistance. The Joint Use Park is a quiet place for hiking and enjoying nature, including a pond and is home to protected species of animals.
SOFA members are exempt parking fees at the Joint Use Area. When departing, show your SOFA ID at the Zushi Sports Office to receive a voucher or use the telephone on the parking pay machine to call the operator. Use the camera to show your SOFA ID.
Things to Do
Ikego Artifacts Museum: Located on the third floor of the Zushi City Sports Office. Over 4,000 boxes of artifacts were discovered over the 30 acres of research area. These artifacts, extending from the Pre-ceramic Age (before the third century B.C.) to the Modern Age, provided us with precious data to about the previously unknown history of the Ikego area. The museum is open Tuesday to Sunday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed on Monday and Japanese holidays. Admission is free.
Clam Rock Exhibit: Located behind the Zushi City Sports Office, next to the tennis courts. You will be able to see the giant white clams (known as the "living fossils") that inhabited the waters near cracks in the earth’s crust deep in the sea over three million years ago.
Ikego Campgrounds: Do you like the outdoors or just need a weekend away from the busyness at home? Outdoor recreation is literally in your backyard at Ikego. The West Valley Recreational Area and campgrounds is just through the joint use park. Consisting of cabins, spacious campsites, hiking trails, and a full service paintball field, this vacation destination is just down the road. Campsite and cabin reservations can be made through the Outdoor Recreation Center Thurs – Tues 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or the Ikego MWR office Mon – Fri 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Cabin rentals start at $40/day. Each cabin has a BBQ grill. For more information or reservations, call 246-8071 or 243-5732.
Paintball: The Paintball Field is located in the Ikego West Valley Recreational Area. Whether you need to blow off steam, are looking for a fun place to hold a birthday party, or just want to try something new, this is a great place to go. All equipment is available for rent or bring your own. Weekend open play times are available. Pay and play at the paintball field. Reservations required for group functions during the week. Call 243-5732 for more information or reservations.
Ikego Hiking Trails: If you like strolling through the woods, you’ll enjoy hiking here in Ikego. We have two great hiking trails. The short trail next to the Clam Rock takes about 30 minutes -- bring along a lunch and enjoy a picnic at the top. For the more advanced hikers, the longer trail is located next to the camping area. This trail takes about 50 minutes. Some of the trails in Ikego are over 300 years old, and are the original trails that once led to Kamakura City. All hikers must stay on the designated trails.
- Anthony's Pizza Bldg. (Bldg. #674) Sun - Thurs: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Delivery 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.). Fri - Sat: 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Delivery 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.). Phone ahead for Pick up or Delivery. For more information call, 246-8648.
- Ikego Housing Base Security (Bldg. #831) Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. For more information, call 246-8367.
- Ikego Artifacts Museum (Bldg. #676) Tues-Sun: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Closed Monday and Japanese holidays. For more information, call 246-8042.
- Ikego Housing Office (Kamakura Tower #679) Management & Self Help Offices: Mon.-Fri.: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. 1st Wed. every month: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Closed Weekends & Holidays. For more information, call 246-8027. For more support, visit the Main Base Housing page.
- Ikego Beauty Salon (Bldg. #673) Fri.:9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Sun.: 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. For more information, call 246-5950.
- Ikego MWR Office (Bldg. #611) Community Activities Mon.-Fri.: 10:00 a.m.-7:00p.m. For more information, call 246-8071.
- Ikego Religious Services (Bldg. #824) Christian Service at Ikego Elementary School Sun.: 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. For more information, call Chapel of Hope at 243-6773.
- Ikego Post Office (Ise Tower #677) Package Pickup: Mon.-Fri. 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Sat.: 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Sunday & Holidays: Closed Finance: Mon.-Fri: 11:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Sat.: 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. For more information, call 246-8058.
- Ikego Child Development Center (Bldg. #673) Mon.-Fri.: 5:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Closed on Holidays. For more information, call 246-8060.
- Ikego School Age Care (Miyajima Tower, Bldg. #692) Mon.-Tue., Thu.-Fri: 5:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. /2:00 p.m. -7:00 p.m. Wed.:1:00 p.m. - 7:00p.m. For more information, call 246-8301.
- Ikego Club Takemiya (Bldg. #672) Dining: Mon.-Sat.: 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. /5:00 p.m. -9:00 p.m. Sat: Breakfast only, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Sun.: 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. /5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Lounge: Closed Mon.-Wed. Thurs.: 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. Fri. & Sat: 5:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. Sun.: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Day before holiday: 5:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. For more information, call 246-8075/8077.
- Ikego Swimming Pool (Bldg. #674) Beginning Memorial Day Weekend until Labor Day weekend. Mon.-Sun.:8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. For more information, call 243- 5229.
- Ikego Command Liaison Office (Bldg. #831) Mon.-Fri.: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. For more information, call 246-8042.
- Ikego Teen Center (Miyajima Tower, Bldg. #692) Mon-Fri.: 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Sat.: 1:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. For more information, call 246-5929.
- Ikego Elementary School (Bldg. #824) Mon.-Tue., Thu.-Fri.: 7:45 a.m.-2:15 p.m. Wed: 7:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. For more information, call 246-8320.
- NAVFAC FE Maintenance (Nara Tower. Bldg. #679) Open 24 hours a day. For maintenance, call 246-5555 or 115.
- Ikego Fitness Center (Bldg. #831) Open 24 hours a day. For more information, call 246-8071.
- NEX Gas Station (Bldg. #675) Open 24 hours a day.
- Ikego Fleet & Family Support Center (Bldg. #673) Mon-Fri: 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m. Thurs.: 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Weekends & Holidays: Closed For more information, call 246-8052.
- NEX Mini Mart (Bldg. #674) Mon. - Sun.: 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Closed only on Christmas Day. For more information, call 246-7993.
Calling from cellular phone:
241-XXXX: Dial as 046-896-last 4 digits
243-XXXX: Dial as 046-816-last 4 digits
246-XXXX: Dial as 046-806-last 4 digits
Reporting Fires and Emergencies: 911 (on-base) 046-816-0911 (off-base)