The main objective of the N6 (Information Technology Department) is to provide Installation-wide information services. This objective is achieved through the sub-functions of Base Communications, IT Support & Management, and the OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-NET).
BASE COMMUNICATIONS is a sub-function that consists of activities that operates, equips, maintains and manages the base communications office (BCO). It includes base-level administrative telephone services to Navy and non-Navy customers, in addition to the operation, maintenance, and management of switches and on-base telephone cable plants.
IT SUPPORT & MANAGEMENT is a sub-function that consists of activities involved in the management of the Information Technology (IT) Service Functions not covered by ONE-NET. It includes costs of hardware, software, personnel, material and services for all core business areas.
N6's role is to act as an enabler for CNIC. As such, we are tasked with ensuring that information technology is contributing to the transformation of CNIC into a true adaptive enterprise through the integration of uniform business systems that enhance readiness and contribute to speed, agility, business intelligence and situational awareness.
N6 fully supports the Fleet, Fighter and Family through cost effective oversight of command telecommunications, efficient information management and delivery of robust communications capabilities in support of existing business processes.
Functions and Capabilities
Who we are
- Leads an agile, highly capable Regional Information Management (IM), Information Technology (IT) and Base Communications workforce, executing current and emerging missions.
- Monitors and ensures Information Assurance (IA) security compliance by adherence to appropriate Federal, DoD, and Navy IT policy/requirements.
- Drives N6 efficiency and standardization by identifying, sharing and implementing best practices among installations and regions.
- Fosters development of the expertise needed by the workforce for N6 program execution, utilizing traditional and non-standard methods and processes to effectively accomplish professional growth.
- Ensures CNIC IT instructions, policies and procedures are implemented within the region.
Our role is to act as an enabler for CNIC. As such, we are tasked with ensuring that Information Technology is contributing to the transformation of CNIC into a true adaptive enterprise through the integration of uniform business systems that enhance readiness and contribute to speed, agility, business intelligence and situational awareness.
Contact us by sending an e-mail to NRCSBCO@fe.navy.mil