COMFLEACT YOKOSUKA VISITOR CONTROL CENTER (PASS AND ID)
VCC is located at Carney Gate, the main gate to Fleet Activities, Yokosuka, next to the Military Police Guard House. VCC is responsible for Defense Biometrics Identification System (DBIDS) registration and issuing temporary passes to personnel and vehicles. Hours of operation are from 0700 -2000. Contractor and official passes are issued from 0700 - 1630. Telephone inquiries may be made by dialing 243-5330/5125 or 81-46-816-5330/5125 (International Call).
What is DBIDS?
DBIDS is an integrated Identity Management and Force Protection system developed and operated by the Department of Defense. DBIDS provides installations with a secure solution to register,manage and control personnel at pertinent levels of physical access.
DBIDS registration is required for all U.S. military personnel, U.S. military visitors, and U.S. military family members who need to access FLEACT, Yokosuka. All visitors must be registered into DBIDS upon their arrival to FLEACT, Yokosuka. Please be sure to bring a copy of current orders, TAD orders or letter of employment for registration and pass issuance.
DBIDS Registration Hours: Monday-Sunday: 0700-2000
Guest Pass Policy
All sponsors must be registered in DBIDS in order to escort guests. Guests must be escorted and supervised at all times (with the exception of House Guest Passes). Sponsors are responsible for their guest's actions while on board the installation.
Proper Identification for DBIDS registration
- U.S. Citizens (one of the following is REQUIRED)
- Social Security Number
- Taxpayer ID
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Japanese Nationals (one of the following is REQUIRED)
- Japanese Passport
- Resident card with picture
- My Number card with picture
- Driver’s License (with supplemental documents)
- All Other Nationalities (Including U.S. Citizens)
- Passport with a valid landing permission
- Resident Card with a valid visa and landing permission.
Note: Guests who are processing Visa (pending status) are not authorized to enter base.
Click here for Samples of Acceptable Forms of ID for DBIDS registration and base access.
Unofficial Guest Pass (Escort Required)
Click here for Installation Access Request form.
- Guests for U.S. military personnel including retirees and reservists, U.S. DoD civilian employees, U.S. Navy contractors, United Nation (UN) Commands personnel, U.S. Embassy personnel and their family members, Japan Self Defense Force (JSDF) personnel, Master Labor Contractor (MLC)/indirect Hire Agreement (IHA) with red star, VIP card holders and Special Retired MLC/IHA are required to obtain one-day guest pass to enter the base. All one-day personal guests are allowed to be escorted from 0500 to 2359.
- Officers, enlisted personnel in all pay grades, U.S. DoD civilian employees, U.S. Navy contractors authorized by U.S. Forces Japan, UN Commands personnel, U.S. Embassy personnel and their family members and all members of the JSDF, in all grades, may escort guests onto CFAY and its satellites, by obtaining a one-day guest pass. Sponsors will meet and constantly escort their guests, onto and off the installation. Sponsors are limited to the number of guests authorized as stated in the following limitations:
||Number of Guest/Vehicles
|Military as Defined in Paragraph 1 of Chapter 2 in CFAYINST 5530.9
| E-6 and Senior
|| Six guests and three vehicles
| E-5 and Junior
|| Four guests and three vehicles
|JSDF Personnel and JSDF Retirees
| CWO1 and Senior
|| Six guests and member's vehicle ( one )
| E-6 thru E-9
|| Six guests and no vehicle
| JSDF Academy Staff
|| Six guests and member's vehicle (one)
| E-5 and E-4
|| Four guests and no vehicle
| E-3 and Junior
|| Two guests and no vehicle
| JSDF Academy Student
|| Six guests and no vehicle
| Command Guest Pass Holders
|| Six guests and his/her/company's vehicle ( one )
| Retired MLC/IHA with Special Retired Pass
|| Six guests and no vehicle
- Family Member Guest Privileges. Family members 20 years or older (son, daughter, mother, father) may act as guest sponsor and will retain the same guest privileges as their sponsor.
- Other family members (16 years old thru 19 years old) may escort one (1) guest onto the installation regardless of their sponsor's rank. All of these family members are not authorized any Overnight or Pre-Authorized Passes. The sponsor or spouse must apply for those passes.
Overnight Guest Pass
Click here for Installation Access Request form.
Officers, enlisted personnel in all pay grades, U.S. DoD civilian employees, U.S. Navy contractors authorized by U.S. Forces Japan, and their spouses, in all grades, may obtain an overnight guest pass only at the installation they reside. A sponsor can receive an overnight pass for Base Housing, the Navy Lodge, Storks Nest or Bachelor Housing. Sponsors will meet and constantly escort their guests, onto and off the installation.
- Family Member Guest Privileges. Spouses may act as guests' sponsor and will retain the same guest privileges as their sponsor (same as One-Day Passes). Other family members cannot escort overnight guest onto the installation, it has to be the sponsor or spouse.
- Sponsor MUST live on base, and the guest will stay overnight at the on-base residence. When guests are staying in government housing (Towers or Townhouses) for more than 72 hours, a House Guest pass is required in accordance with COMFLEACTINST 5530.9. The sponsor cannot use a 72 hour (3 nights) overnight pass for the same guest consecutively; there must be a 24 hour break. Any combination of nights. (Example, 24hrs+24hrs+24hrs=72hours or 24hrs+48hrs=72hours).
- Sponsor escorting guests staying at Bachelor Housing or Navy Lodge must present a valid payment receipt in order to obtain an overnight guest pass.
- If a sponsor is not presently stationed at FLEACT, Yokosuka and staying at the Navy Lodge, an overnight guest pass will be issued to their guests for duration of the visit. The sponsor must have a valid Navy Lodge payment receipt with the required number of days to receive a pass.
Note: All sponsors will be limited to 60 days of overnights and House guest passes combined per guest per 365 day period. A 30 day extension can be requested through COMFLEACT Yokosuka Security Officer and must be submitted a minimum of ten (10) days prior to the required date of the pass.
House Guest Pass
Click here for House Guest pass request packet.
When guests are staying in government housing (Towers or Townhouses), the Navy Lodge, Storks Nest or Bachelor Quarters for more than 72 hours, a House Guest pass is required in accordance with COMFLEACTINST 5530.9. House guest pass will be issued to guests whose sponsor is currently stationed at FLEACT, Yokosuka or currently under TAD/TDY orders.
- Bonafide guests in a tourist status (visa category's, temporary visit) or relatives living in Japan who are visiting military personnel on base may receive a House Guest Pass from the VCC to facilitate base access. The sponsor is responsible for the actions of guests. Improper behavior by the guest, or misuse of the House Guest Pass, will be sufficient cause for COMFLEACT Yokosuka or it's satellites to recall the pass. House Guest passes will be issued only for the duration of the intended visit and shall be limited to 60 days per guest per 365 day period beginning with the first pass issued. A 30 day extension can be requested through the Installation Security Officer and must be submitted a minimum of ten (10) days prior to the required date of the pass. Any sponsor requesting a House Guest pass must be occupying their residence during the time any approved temporary guests are occupying the home or place of residence.
- To request a House Guest Pass, the sponsor must provide a properly endorsed Installation Access Request and completed SECNAV Form 5512/1 (House Guest request packet) along with a copy of their passport to the VCC at least 72-business hours prior to the guest’s anticipated arrival. All guests must have a background check completed for a House Guest Pass. Upon arrival, the sponsor/spouse and guest will provide a passport with a valid Visa Stamp to prove bona fide temporary visit status in Japan.
- House Guest pass requests MUST be endorsed by the Housing Office if the sponsor lives in Military Family Housing. If guests are staying in the Navy Lodge or NGIS, the request must be endorsed by their receptionists.
- When picking up the House Guest Pass, the sponsor or spouse must accompany the guest(s). A copy of the Passport with a valid Visa stamp is made. The sponsor will read and sign the House Guest Pass.
Pre-Authorized Pass Request Form
Submit a "Pre-Authorization Pass Request Form" along with a copy of guest's ID to VCC at least 72- business hours prior to the guest's anticipated arrival. The sponsor will pick up the approved pre-authorized pass with the guest at the VCC prior to arrival or the Entry Control Point upon arrival. After proper identification, the guest with the sponsor will be allowed to access the installation. The sponsor will constantly escort their guests while on base. The Pre-Authorized Pass is requested for the following purposes:
- Personnel whose guest(s) depart and return on an MWR tour between 2300 and 700 may obtain a pre-authorized pass. Passes will be issued for the duration of MWR tour. No overnight pre-authorized passes are allowed.
One Day/Vehicle Pass Request Form (CFAY 5800/48)
Temporary Vehicle Access
- All vehicles will be registered into the Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS).
- Visitor Control Center (VCC) may issue no more than a three day vehicle pass for Privately Owned Vehicles (POVs) to authorized personnel. Any vehicle pass greater than three days must be issued at the U.S. Fleet Activities (FLEACT) Yokosuka Vehicle Registration Office (VRO). All vehicles must have current registration requirements as per COMFLEACTYOKOSUKAINST 5800.2H
- When VRO is closed, United States (U.S.) military personnel who are in the process of registering their POV will be issued a vehicle pass dated until the next VRO working day.
- If the registered owner of the vehicle is not U.S. military personnel, the number of vehicle passes issued will not exceed five per month. The driver must have written permission from the owner to operate the vehicle.
- If the sponsor is assigned outside of Japan, and the spouse is requesting a vehicle pass, the spouse must present a copy of the sponsor’s current orders.
- Personnel driving a commercial rental vehicle and who are staying on the installation will obtain a vehicle pass issued for the duration of the visit by VRO. When VRO is closed, a vehicle pass will be issued dated until the next VRO working day. If the driver is transferring, they must present supporting documents of permanent change of station orders and a valid Navy Lodge or Navy Gateway Inns and Suites Registration Card.
- Personnel under TAD/Temporary Duty (TDY) orders are authorized to obtain a One day Vehicle Pass if TAD/TDY orders indicate authorization to drive a vehicle. Personnel must have a valid international driver’s license or SOFA license. A temporary vehicle pass will be issued at VRO.
- All guests requesting vehicle passes must be relatives of the sponsor or sponsor's spouse and meet the above requirements.
- A one-day pass will be issued to all authorized dealers not to exceed a total of two vehicles for sale on the installation at a time. Authorized dealers must have FLEACT Yokosuka Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) passes to park vehicles for sale in the MWR sale lot.
Installation Access Request
Activities desiring base access for individuals or groups making official or courtesy calls shall notify the FLEACT, Yokosuka Security Office of the event. Notification will be made by an Installation Access Request form or memorandum stating the names, date of birth, present address and nationality of the individuals visiting, purpose of the visit, time and date of arrival and anticipated departure, vehicle description, license plate number, name, grade and telephone number of the person to contact in the event. All guests must be escorted while on base.
- Unescorted Guests. If “Escort Required” guests are found unescorted, for the first violation, the sponsor’s escorting privileges for all passes will be suspended for 30-days and a second violation will result in a one year suspension. Installation access for the guest will be suspended until further notice. If the sponsor desires to appeal the suspension, the sponsor must send a written request to the FLEACT Yokosuka Legal Office explaining their circumstances.
- Unescorted Designated Third Country Nation (DTCN) Guests. If DTCN guests are found unescorted, the sponsor’s escorting privileges will be revoked immediately and installation access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Over Stay. If guests are found on the installation beyond the time allocated for their pass, the sponsor’s escorting privileges for all passes will be suspended for 30-days and a second violation will result in a one year suspension. Installation access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Trespasser. If personnel enter the installation without proper authorization, the violator will be escorted off the installation by U.S. Naval Security Force members. If a sponsor is involved, their escorting privileges will be revoked immediately and installation access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Mutilated or Tampered Passes. Any passes issued by U.S. Fleet Activities (FLEACT) Yokosuka are prohibited from being mutilated or tampered with. The sponsor’s escorting privileges will be revoked immediately and installation access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Personnel who attempt or admit to attempting to maliciously circumvent the escort privileges to include the maximum number of guests allotted, will have their escort privileges suspended for 30 days. All current passes under the sponsor will be terminated. Additionally, sponsoring commands will be notified of further administrative or legal actions.
- Any violations of the guest policy will affect the violator, sponsor, and sponsor’s dependents. A record of the violation will be kept on file for three years at Visitor Control Center (VCC).
- Traffic Violations. Per reference (f), traffic violations resulting in a traffic citation issued by FLEACT Yokosuka Security Department are a basis for loss of driving and/or guest privileges. For guests, the first violation will result in suspension of driving privileges for 30 days and the second violation will result in suspension of base and driving privileges until further notice. Patrols must ensure the VCC is contacted when guests with a one-day vehicle pass receive a traffic violation. VCC personnel will annotate the suspensions under the guest’s profile in DBIDS.
Directive: COMFLEACT YOKOSUKA INSTRUCTION 5530.9