VRO is located in building J-196, 1st floor, across the hallway from the Driver's License Office. VRO is responsible for vehicle registration/de-registration of SOFA military, civilian, retiree, MLC/IHA, PSC, HPT, and base contractors. They are also responsible for preparing necessary paperwork for junking, buying, selling, shipping out as well as other documents relative to vehicle processing at the Land Transportation Office (LTO).
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 0830 - 1530.
On the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, VRO is closed for training from 0830-1059 and opens for business from 1100-1530. Closed Saturday, Sunday, and all American Holidays.
Telephone inquiries may be made by dialing DNS 315-243-5011/5896 or 81-46-816- 5011/5896 (International Call).
BUYING A VEHICLE WITHOUT JAPANESE PLATES
BUYING A VEHICLE WITH JAPANESE PLATES
HOW TO JUNK YOUR VEHICLE
HOW TO NAVIGATE LTO
HOW TO REGISTER AN IMPORTED CAR
HOW TO REGISTER AN IMPORTED MOTORCYCLE
OBTAINING AN OFF-BASE PARKING CERTIFICATE
OBTAINING AN ON-BASE PARKING CERTIFICATE
PROCEDURE FOR TRANSFERRING REGISTRATION
RENEWAL FOR A JAPANESE INSPECTION
SELLING YOUR VEHICLE TO JAPANESE PERSONNEL
SHIPPING A VEHICLE OUT TO CONUS
- E-4 and below or civilian equivalent with family member (For CFAY Only) CFAY 4651/2B (Rev. 6-13).
- E-4 and below or civilian equivalent with family member (For CFAY Other) CFAY 4651/2A (Rev. 6-13)
- Parking Certificate Residence Verification form (CFAY 5800/53 (Rev. 6-13)
- Afloat Parking
- City Hall and Tax Office Map
- LTO Map
- Navigating Inside LTO
- LTO Map for Mini/Yellow Plate Cars
- COMFLEACTINST 5800.2H Vehicle Code for Fleet Activities, Yokosuka (Updated 25 Oct 2021)
- COMNAVFORJAPANINST 5800.9S Vehicle Operation, Traffic Control, and Administrative Penalties
*For more information regarding Vehicle Registration, please contact VRO at 243-5011.